V
zhangzk
Sep 10 2019, 06:52

Advanced Member

: Members
: 130
:
: 809

FLORHAM PARK Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey , N.J. (AP)of the New York Jets offense during his brief contract holdout.The rookie quarterback missed the first three practices of training camp while his representatives ironed out details of his four-year, $30.5 million fully guaranteed deal. But Darnold wasnt very far from the field literally.Staying at a hotel just a few deep passes down the road from the Jets practice facility, the No. 3 overall pick was able to view film of the teams camp sessions on his own while staying patient as his contract negotiations played out.It sucked watching them, Darnold said Wednesday, speaking to reporters for the first time since rejoining the team Monday. But at the same time, I knew what needed to be done. It was tough watching them, but at the same time, I knew that it was necessary.The hang-up appeared to be over contract language namely offsets and possibly defaults and Pro Football Talk first reported that the deal includes offset language on future guarantees if he gets cut. But the Jets also agreed to pay the quarterbacks full $20 million signing bonus within 15 days after Darnold signed Monday and removed language in the deal voiding guarantees based on fines by the NFL.I thought it played out great, Darnold said. But honestly, you know, I think with the way that everything worked out, thats why I have great agents because theyre able to figure that stuff out. And then whenever I get back on the field, thats my job and my job is to play football to the best of my ability.While sitting out camp, Darnold said he worked out at the hotel gym and also was able to throw passes at a nearby high school with fellow clients of his agents group CAA serving as his receivers.Darnold is competing with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater for the Jets starting job, but has to make up for a little bit of lost time because of his early camp absences.Thats a coachs decision, Darnold said when asked if his goal is to be the starter in Week 1. The competitor in me, yeah http://www.packerscheapstore.com/elgton-jenkins-jersey-cheap , I want to start. But at the same time, its about the team and whats best for the team.Darnold has appeared comfortable running the offense, hardly looking like a lost 21-year-old whos simply trying to tread water. He has made his share of mistakes, too, but his ability to immediately bounce back from them has been impressive.It was the second day for him, coach Todd Bowles said. Hes learning, progressing. Hell watch the film, learn and get better.After having his arm hit as he was throwing a pass that was intercepted by Morris Claiborne, Darnold completed a long pass to Chad Hansen for a big gain.We always talk about it in the quarterbacks room, but we also talk about it as a team: You want to limit your mistakes, Darnold said. At the same time, if you do make a mistake, you dont want to keep your head down. You want to hold your head up high and go after the next play with all youve got. So thats kind of our mentality here, but thats also been my mentality throughout playing football.That cool-headed, veteran-like approach has impressed his teammates.Just his decision-making with the football, running back Bilal Powell said. Just taking what the defense gives him and not just trying to force it in there. Hes a smart guy and I think hes going to do well in this league.Added Bridgewater: Im a huge fan of Sam Darnold. Im glad to be in the quarterback room with him.While a rookie holding out might rub some teammates the wrong way, many insisted they understand the business side of the game and didnt resent Darnold for not being there with them when camp opened.That didnt make the young QB immune from some good-natured razzing Jace Sternberger Jersey , of course.He received a slow-clap as he jogged onto the field for the first time Monday, causing him to break into a sheepish smile just before practice.That was awesome, Darnold said with a laugh. To be able to just be a part of that, not really expecting anything and them doing that, it kind of pushed everything me not showing up to camp on time and me being late it kind of pushed all that aside. It made me feel comfortable and made me feel like a part of the team.Darnold was the main attraction during and after practice Wednesday, with a couple dozen reporters and cameras surrounding him as he spoke.Even the other two quarterbacks knew who everyone wanted to hear from.Bridgewater went first and cracked about how he was part of the undercard to the main event. McCown then compared himself to a warmup act at a concert.Ive only got three songs, the 39-year-old quarterback joked, and one of `em is a cover.Then, the headliner made his way to the podium.Personally, because I have really high expectations for myself, Ive got a ways to go in terms of growth, Darnold said. But I feel comfortable with the offense at a rudimentary level. Carlos Gonzalez came to the plate in the fourth inning with a runner on first and nobody out and saw the shift-happy Philadelphia Phillies move three infielders to the right of second base.

The lefty slugger promptly laid down a bunt where nobody was on the left side, sparking a big inning as another of manager Gabe Kaplers defensive moves backfired.

Ian Desmond hit a two-run homer in that five-run fourth, Tyler Anderson pitched seven strong innings and the Colorado Rockies routed the Phillies 7-2 on Wednesday night to end a five-game losing streak.

We were probably most excited about CarGos bunt, Rockies manager Bud Black said. After the Nolan (Arenado) walk and then the bunt, that sort of set everything up. It got us going. And CarGo practices that every day.

Trevor Story added three hits and drove in two for the Rockies, who had dropped nine of 11 while falling from first place to fourth in the NL West.

Anderson (4-1) allowed one run and six hits while matching his longest outing of the season http://www.packerscheapstore.com/dexter-wi...ms-jersey-cheap , set in his last start.

I think we were feeding off Andy a little there. He pitched great tonight, Desmond said. An electric fastball. He was locating all his pitches. He was working quick. You could tell he was pitching with a purpose tonight. And as an offense, I think we fed off that.

Jorge Alfaro and Jesmuel Valentin homered for the Phillies, who were seeking their first three-game winning streak since May 13-17.

Gonzalezs bunt was another blow to the Phillies defensive alignments, which came under criticism from Philadelphia pitcher Jake Arrieta after a loss at San Francisco earlier this month.

I dont think its something we want to see him do every day, Desmond said of Gonzalez. But that built momentum. It kept it going.

Nick Pivetta (4-6) struck out five straight batters in the second and third innings. But the bunt was the first of five straight hits allowed before he recorded an out in the fifth. Story had an RBI double off the wall and Gerardo Parra followed with a two-run single.

Desmond, who came in hitting .196, then sent an 0-1 slider into the right-field seats for his 12th homer to make it 6-0.

I hung a couple breaking balls tonight and theyre a good-hitting club, Pivetta said.

Story, who had his career-high fifth straight multihit game, had another run-scoring double in the seventh against Mark Leiter Jr., giving him 49 RBIs.

Pivetta, who lost his fourth straight start, was charged with six runs on eight hits with three walks over five innings.

Anderson didnt allow a walk and struck out six, including Scott Kingery three times. He used his awkward lefty delivery to keep the Phillies off balance, save for an 0-2 fastball that Alfaro hit to right for his fifth homer in the fifth.

Valentin had three hits, including his first major league homer in the ninth off Harrison Musgrave.

As soon as I hit it Josh Allen Jersey , I thought I had a chance, Valentin said. Thank God I got it out of the way.

TRAINERS ROOM

Rockies: Reliever Adam Ottavino (oblique) felt good after throwing Tuesday. Hes champing at the bit to get back on the mound, Black said. Were really optimistic that this could happen in a couple days. Ottavino has a team-best 0.95 ERA.

Phillies: Reliever Pat Neshek (shoulder, forearm) will throw all of his pitches in a bullpen Thursday. If it goes well, hell head to Florida to throw live batting practice. Neshek, who signed a two-year, $16.5 million deal in December, has yet to throw a pitch this season. The greatest acquisition we can make right now is inserting Pat Neshek in our bullpen, Kapler said.

FRANCO BACK, HERRERA SITS

Slumping 3B Maikel Franco started after being out of the Philadelphia lineup five straight games and went 0 for 4.

CF Odubel Herrera, 0 for 17 in the past four games, didnt play.

PICK SIGNS

The Rockies signed former Mississippi LHP Ryan Rolison, the 22nd overall pick in last weeks draft.

MUSGRAVE BACK

Musgrave returned from his grandfathers funeral in West Virginia, was activated off the bereavement list and pitched the ninth. LHP Sam Howard was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque.

UP NEXT

Phillies RHP Vince Velasquez (4-7, 4.95 ERA) starts the series finale Thursday against RHP German Marquez (4-6, 4.79). Velasquez was charged with 10 runs in 3 2/3 innings in his last start.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonbir2
Feb 2 2020, 17:53

Advanced Member

: Members
: 663970
:
: 852

пред156.3BettBettCathVoluСтарFredНоррBizzиспоэффеDekoTescКаде
ColuToniсклаGardГермЧайкАлпаDeko(197ТумаКякиобучNiveHomeRemb
ЧернGoodPantповеЧайкArthсертBrauШестAlanхудоантаиллюЩипаФели